I don’t agree entirely. As I’ve said previously, ALL politicians...

1. 266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    I don’t agree entirely. As I’ve said previously, ALL politicians act with winning elections in mind.

Yesterday we saw Alabanese drop his parties negative gearing property policy. Why? He can’t afford to make gutsy and meaningful reforms to the housing market because it will cost him the election. It was a gutless yet predictable decision to sure up votes. No different to Scomo.

Nobody’s considering the end game with the virus. We can’t continue living shut off from the rest of the world. We need to accept a realistic vaccine target (~70% max) and then open up the economy. No more lockdowns. No more passports. Get on with life. I fear these Premiers are so deeply entwined in lockdowns and eradication strategies that this country won’t transition to a post pandemic common sense approach. COVID’s here forever. New variants. We need to get as close as possible to 70% and plan for a country living normally with covid in a reality of ~70% vaccination and manage it accordingly. We need to live with manageable new case loads (and deaths - yes, deaths) just like we have with the annual flu.

Otherwise we will never move forward as a country, people’s lives and livelihoods will be ruined and the toll of the effects of the virus will outweigh the disease itself.
    Last edited by Dave10: 29/07/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.