..in the early 90s when I was in LA, I was approached by what...

1. 21,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2005
    ..in the early 90s when I was in LA, I was approached by what appeared to be a rough looking homeless man asking me for money, which I thought I was getting mugged, but as it turned out, he took my money and I saw him next at McD (Maccas) buying burger.

..as I see this sharp rise in McD prices, I think again about that man decades ago, and how this would disproportionately 'hurt' the homeless people living off the streets.

Fast food prices have exploded over the last decade, based on the $MCD menu

https://x.com/Mayhem4Markets/status/1790817618154184820

..you can see McD is struggling
    1 year view
    McDonald's Stock Price and Chart — TradingView

..all eat out food chains are experiencing tough business conditions from falling customer traffic and rising input and operating costs, even before a recession.

..we can debate about soft/hard landing all we want, but the reality is that the economy is not kind to all sectors as what all time high stock indices would otherwise suggest.

..many sectors are already entering recession/stagflation like environment, besieged by softer demand, increasing layoffs, capex deferrals, rising debt costs with rising operating costs - construction/building, autos, consumer discretionary, hospitals, retail.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.