Does your reality include all Australian workers? Should they...

1. 317 Posts.
    Does your reality include all Australian workers? Should they compete with the Asian workers on an hourly rate,or should we just flood in Asian workers?Enjoy your illusion as your bubble is about to be burst.Heinz are sure to use cheap Chinese tomatoes and other fruits which are freely available in NZ and not subject to the strict guidelines forced on Australian farmers.Enjoy your human waste fertilised tomato sauce and you are welcome to my share.

Funny post by the way but you miss the point. My point was about the attitude to work, career and education that exists among some sectors of the unskilled or semi skilled workforce. It has been 30 years since you could honestly expect to keep a job with one company your whole life. It has been just as long since you could leave school, get a job that required minimal thinking,practice or expertise to perfect and expect to keep it as a going concern indefinitely.

It's just a stupid idea to even think that. If you are doing a job that can be done more efficiently by someone, or something else, and you make no effort to get better skills, training or quals, then you have yourself to blame. Sure, it is about wage competition, but not about wage competition for basic, simple and replaceable manufacturing jobs. Let developing nations have them, our focus should be on generating a value added workforce, like the technicians to service the plant, managers and trainers to train the labour force. As the world moves through postmodern business structures and managerial leaderhsip models it is that society that will best adapt. Look what happened to the japanese: cheap labour in the 50's, too expensive by the 1980's. The pattern repeats and china will be no exception. Labour will become too expensive there too, the price driven up by the same mechanism that drove our costs up to an unmanageable level.

so no I don;t expect australian workers to compete with labour in developing nations - that would be impossible: many australians are just way too lazy, to greedy and with too great a sense of entitlement and self importance and "pride" to work to the same capacity, as most labour forces in developing nations. It's not a criticim, just an observation.

R

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.