AAR 6.25% 7.5¢ astral resources nl

its time for management to release a schedule

1. 3,815 Posts.
    Would appreciate genuine views on my following musings.

Separate to whether you think the quality of our leases are good, bad or indifferent, as each day passes, I become more and more convinced that management needs to put out a schedule to the market that clearly lays out (1) when drilling campaigns are being undertaken and (2) when the results of said campaigns are expected to be received. This needs to be done because as things stand, no one outside of management, neither current shareholders, nor potential future shareholders, have any idea what is truly going on with our company.

EXAMPLE
    On June 17 2009, our company informed the market that they had successfully applied to the NT Government to receive "co-funding of a helicopter supported gravity survey at its Victoria River Downs Project in the Northern Territory". Said survey was "planned to commence in July 2009"

On July 16 2009, the quarterly report released by management again refers to the planned survey at VRD and reitterates the July 2009 time frame for the survey's commencement.

On July 28 2009, the AAR website is updated in two areas, one of which is the section pertaining to the Victoria Rivers Downs Project. A read through of this page says that the proposed gravity survey is now set to commence in August 2009.

Without in the slightest way attempting to be pedantic or nitpicky, it started me thinking. Management know why they have put back the survey and presumably know (1) how long the survey will take and (2) when they expect to receive the results of said survey, but we the shareholders aren't afforded the same courtesy. We have no way of knowing how long the survey will take and how long thereafter results will become available. Will it be one week, three weeks, three months or 300 days before they know and we get told?

This also got me to thinking about all of our other leases. The July 16 2009 released quarterly report also tells us about the Rogan Josh Gold Prospect at Feysville and how (I'm paraphrasing) recent "encouraging high grade results highlight the immediate potential of the project". At no stage in this report does it state when further work is anticipated to commence.

The report also states that "a further 2km strike extension of the Hannans South Shear Zone remains untested by any drilling and will be tested in the future". The future is presumably a very long time, so why couldn't management have included an approximate time frame for these future tests?

The same report also refers to the Dalgaranga Project and tells us that our lease "has potential to host uranium mineralisation within a palaeo-drainage system. A program of reconnaissance RAB drilling is planned". Again the same question. When is this drilling program planned? Next week, next month, next year or next eclipse of the sun?

Even with our current main leases at Koongie we are still predominantly in the dark. We know that feasibility studies are continuing with an emphasis being placed on the Copper potential of the project and we know that metallurgical testwork on the Copper from Sandiego has commenced, but what we don't have are any time frames!

Now refer back to our website for updates on East Mandilla. Recent drilling has "also shown that there may be potential for palaeochannel mineralisation" and "closer spaced drilling is required to test the potential fully". When said drilling will actually occur is information currently being withheld from us the shareholders and the market in general.... I suspect you're beginning to spot a general theme here.

I say the following with a respectful thought process and reitterate that this is my honest and humble opinion.

We have several potential money making leases, but we the loyal shareholder, are currently being given virtually no idea from management as to any possible time frames for current or future drilling programs, let alone afforded even rough time lines for when results of any of these programs will become available.

I am fully aware that we don't have a bottomless pit of money that would allow us to work on all of our projects at the same time, but given management must have, if not a precise schedule, at least a rough working schedule of when they will be doing what, why can't/don't they have the professionalism and decency to tell us and the market at large what those time frames are?

Trying to take emotion totally out of the equation, it is becoming increasingly apparent to me that AAR's management are doing us and themsleves a disservice by acting like they are a privately-owned company when they are not. AAR is a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange and as such, the management has a professional responsibility and a moral obligation to inform all who are interested.

I am a financially involved/committed fan of AAR, but I don't know what's going on with my company. What hope do we have of gaining outside interest/fresh blood when even the loyal shareholders don't truly know what's going on!

As a priority, I respectfully submit that AAR management needs to commit to producing a schedule and time frame for current and future drillings and their results, so that ALL who are interested can be better informed as to what is happening with our company going forward.

Regards
    Reichman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.