LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

I find it hard to believe that you still calculate with a...

1. 176 Posts.
    I find it hard to believe that you still calculate with a "basket price" per kg. Lynas is still publishing oxide prices while their core products are carbonates. This simplification is still misleading imo.

Lynas is intending to produce 11k tpa, meaning they are not selling by kg. Almost 8k of the 11k they want to produce are
    Cerium/Lanthanum products with Ce/La prices still falling to levels below $10kg. Cerium is trading well below $5 and expected to continue to drop. Finally Nd/Pr prices have recovered but it must be questioned if this will be enough in order to compensate the loss of the cheaper LREE products.

Before we can even think about a single dollar running in the right direction the LAMP must be up and running at full capacity. As we've seen it takes time to turn things into profits and it is absolutely fatal to calculate the annual production with one price (leave alone $20-30).

The MAIN QUESTION is imo how they are going to deal with the upcoming CR. The company today is on the edge of bankrupcy, directors have every reason to cut their salaries, bonuses and save costs wherever they can. It will be interesting if they adress these issues at the GM. If they'll give us the usual blbla, the company is doomed. This is just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.17
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.767B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.22 $6.14 $10.91M 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12550 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 124 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.