BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

This is just an opinion, I don,t think it particularly matters...

1. dma
    4,618 Posts.
    This is just an opinion, I don,t think it particularly matters what GSK say about IV Relenza,........................... whether it is commercial or not they said the same about Relenza, they didn,t want to produce it, because it wasn,t cost effective to them, nothing to do with whether it would help, that is a lame excuse.

The fact is, the US government and WHO are in the drivers seat here and they want Relenza, IV Relenza and Lani and any other drug that companies can come up with in the fight against this deadly bird flu.

IV Perminivr already has a place on the US Government stockpile list, because IV Relenza was nowhere to be found. But the US government have given them a BIG KICK IN THE REAR END and pushed them along, GSK were obligated to handover a certain amount of Relenza by the end of March, that is when they had to reveal to all they were producing it, big surprise to a lot.

According to Biota, they are producing IV Relenza, the US Government want it, they don,t just want to rely on one drug, if we end up with a pandemic, it will be a devastation, Tamiflu is showing resistance, they are testing IV Perminivir to see how that will go, they are looking at all drugs to help in the fight.

If you read TJW,s previous post and Biota Bulletin, the scientist have proven Relenza is more effective an Tamiflu and hense IV Relenza will in turn probably will end up being the drug used in conjunction with IV Perminivir, its a matter of what drug works on the virus.

Biocryst happen to be able to promote there drug which is exactly what GSK should have been doing, more evidence to add to the evidence already piling up on them.

Cheers dma

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.