Ivanka distanced from Trump

1. 35,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...s/news-story/784eec6e3fa3e955369283dec3ba5440

Her voice trembling with emotion, she added: “I am very vehemently against family separation and the separation of parents and children, so I would agree with that sentiment.”

Ms Trump’s position aligns with the opinion of everyday Americans, who polls show are largely opposed to the separations.

Ms Trump also distanced herself from her father’s relentless condemnation of the media -attacks that have raised the levels of anti-press antagonism at his recent rallies.
    While saying she had “sensitivity” about why some people who feel targeted have gripes with reporters, she said she didn’t believe the media was the “enemy of the people,” as her father has claimed.
    “No, I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people,” she said.

Last year, she urged him to keep the United States in the Paris climate accord, but her prodding fell on deaf ears and the president pulled out.

In November, as Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore faced accusations of misconduct with teen girls when he was in his 30s, Ivanka Trump declared “there’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children.” But two weeks later, the president endorsed Moore, who ultimately lost to a Democrat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.