@Sweetsound - thankyou so much - I will call them tomorrow - not...

1. 17,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Sweetsound - thankyou so much - I will call them tomorrow - not Herbert, but his younger brother. Might visit this year.
    Herbert wasn't totally blind, but so bad, that without his glasses he simply relied on touch - I remember on my last visit, we went to a holiday resort there was a swimming pool and change rooms - well Herbert went in to change and didn't come out for a while, so I went in, and here he was on the floor on all fours, feeling for his glasses. I also watched him singing in church, and despite glasses, he still had to hold the music to his nose (wondered if he didn't go to church all that often, because a musician would have known the music . . . )
    Very sweet, kind man - He had made music his career, travelled the county in search of old people who remembered old music and wrote it down. He was a whizz on the button harmonika and played other instruments as well and he decorated the ceilings in his 200-year old house with stucco pieces he had bought in Italy, mostly by feel, he did a beautiful job!
    His son has a music publishing business. - NO he wasn't angry, just really happy, and went travelling the world - he is still around!

Second Herbert (Gerstls Quattro) is interesting music - there is a gipsy feel to it - thankyou I needed it, I always get weepy at Easter - the Easter story, despite no longer being Christian, really gets to me, there is something so universal about the injustice (and the scapegoat thing,too) about a man unjustly accused and condemned to die, doubting his father in the middle of his fear, panic and pain (Gethsemane), plus the denial by his 'friends' betrayal by 'Judas' etc. - it is one of the great and true stories/myth of humanity. We still see it played out every century and, if we were unlucky, experienced a mild version ourselves. Plus there is so much art (in painting and in music) about it, that anyone halfway educated will be attuned to that - I am such a critter - as you can probably guess.
    I had a friend return from Ireland yesterday and he had sent me a brief video of 'little lads' i.e. 'primulas' in wet grass, taken early in the morning, sounds of European spring birds in the back ground . . . so that adds to my 'Easter' sadness - that it is autumn here and not spring . . .
    Enjoy the holiday
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.