You posted this song earlier - and I queried whether the...

1. 8,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    You posted this song earlier - and I queried whether the location was at Hallstatt, Austria - as even from the black and white video the location is recognisable - particularly after seeing tourist videos. The location looks amazing but I'm sure some locals wish there were less tourists. Apart from that, don't have much association with that location but do remember spending some time a few miles from near a place called Grein (near the Danube) as a child under circumstances different then what one might think - though despite issues, possibly my best childhood memories.

Do remember a sick boss with a fever who drove my parents and I to Salzburg one day to meet someone that was supposed to arrive on a train. He was driving at around 160km/hr and still we had cars passing us at much higher speeds. Sadly we did not detour to Hallstatt not being that far away - which would have been nice. Also sadly the person was not on the train for reasons which only became clear later. My father worked in Grein for a few months despite a language barrier and a little later we left Austria for good.

There is another place called Hallstadt, however that place actually is in Bavaria (Germany) - easy to misspell.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.