@Sweetsound, I didn't quote any of the Austrian towns I have...

1. 18,039 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    @Sweetsound, I didn't quote any of the Austrian towns I have been to, don't know why, but have just about travelled my entire 'little' home country, except I have never visited Linz.
    Innsbruck is a great place, I had a lot of fun, visiting some young friends I had hosted in Australia, and they egged me on to set off an entire 'row of yodelling teddy-bears in Tyroleon gear' displayed at one of those tourist stalls, and then we ran up the stairs of a neighbouring 'house' which turned out to be the town hall (I was middle-aged then) - and we laughed and laughed. I am still in touch with one of those 'young' men, who now has a wife and 3 sons
    Salzburg was a regular stopover - have friends who live in Alt Aussee, too ('aussies' love that name!) Hallstatt I have only been to once, with my husband, but we spent quite some time there, looked at the decorated and named skulls of former villagers in the tiny church (because there is no room for an extensive church yard), even talking to the locals at a pub outside of Hallstatt; i.e. the locals avoid their local pub, because of the tourists - a bit like Venice, which must be a bit of a nightmare for the 'natives'.
    I have also seen a bit more of Hungary and i forgot about a few more places on and off the Makarska coast - I had a wonderful holiday there - and my very first holiday in 'Opatija' (Abbazia) which was magic!!
    I also travelled a bit more in England, in Germany and Switzerland, saw more places in France in the fortnight I/we were there, too.
    In France I went to the Mark Knopfler concert of which my daughter was part, at a place called "Vaison la Romaine"
    Thanks for the reminder - need to go to bed now!
    P.S. what is your connection with Hallstatt, I remember you writing about it?
    Sweet Dreams, Sweetsound ❤️
    Tau
    Maybe I should put one of my favourite singers here: Hubert von Goisern with: 'Heast das net" (don't you hear time's passing)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.