MVF 1.12% $1.32 monash ivf group limited

IVF on 4 Corners

1. 2,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1604H018S00

Such a well balanced story. Not.

Not one family who conceived was included in 43 minutes.

The program started out explaining that a woman at 43 years has a 3% chance of a health child but then got side tracked with the case of a young woman in her 20s with Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

In the end I struggled to understand what was the point of the story.

Was it to rekindle Costello's attempt to limit Medicare sponsored IVF treatment to 3 cycles? Was it to sell more copies of Julia Leigh's book? Was it to tell us IVF is an emotional decision, not always successful and can be expensive?

The stories of failure were clearly harrowing but how about some input from those that achieved their goal.

I am sure it was the editing but poor Michael Chapman looked hapless and in my opinion Melinda Tankard Reist formerly of conservative catholic Senator, Brian Harradine's office, and now speaking for a Facebook page called the "Women's Bioethics Alliance" managed to come across as strident, anti-baby and anti reproductive medicine.

What a mish mash. Despite constant cross promotion across all ABC platform's yesterday, the program and issue seems to have sunk without trace this morning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MVF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.