PRU 3.43% $2.41 perseus mining limited

ivory coast, page-4

1. 495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Read NCM statement re: Ivory Coast operations...

"Newcrest closely monitoring situation in Cote d�Ivoire
    Newcrest Mining continues to monitor closely the political and security situation in Cote d�Ivoire
    following a period of elections in that country.
    Newcrest�s Bonikro mine is located near Hire, approximately 250 kilometres north-west of the
    commercial capital, Abidjan.
    A number of precautionary measures have been in place throughout the election period to ensure the
    safety and security of all employees, including restrictions on non-essential travel. Over the weekend, as
    a further precautionary measure, mine operations were temporarily suspended. Plans are in place to
    recommence operations as soon as possible.
    A detailed security plan is in place and includes provision for a temporary evacuation of employees
    should the situation deteriorate. Steps are also in place to safeguard mine assets.
    Close contact is being maintained with the authorities, including relevant consular and embassy officials.
    Central contact points for family and friends outside Cote d� Ivoire have been established for them to
    obtain the most up-to-date information.
    Newcrest�s operations in Cote d�Ivoire were acquired recently following the Lihir Gold acquisition.
    They comprise the Bonikro operation, which produces approximately 120,000 ounces of gold per annum,
    and exploration activities.".....

Hopefully calm can be restored over the next few weeks and PRU can keep pressing ahead with plans for Tegerala. Whilst this situation is obviously a concern, it illustrates the strong position PRU are in ie. 2 mines under development (we would all be biting our nails big time if this was our only asset!!)

On a positive note, I'm looking fwd to the Reserve Upgrade for CAGP...BRING IT ON

Couchy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.41
Change
0.080(3.43%)
Mkt cap ! $3.315B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.42 $2.35 $7.956M 3.332M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 67667 $2.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.41 68938 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.