IVZ 0.00% 8.7¢ invictus energy ltd

Thanks mate!At the moment it's just a side gig... but who knows...

1. 1,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1634
    Thanks mate!

At the moment it's just a side gig... but who knows where it will go. Just taking it casually for the moment and having a lot of fun. The amount of subscribers to the newsletter has significantly grown, especially after posting it on International forums, and I am shocked/humbled! I was thinking of creating a disc**d group for Australia Investors (but open to all) in the future as there don't seem to be any decent ones out there. I currently run a few private groups and they are a blast! Great people sharing their knowledge.

Back in the day I worked in the financial sector so I bring across some industry experience but admittedly I am not happy with the quality of my reports so far. I have always written stock summary reports for my investments, it's a way to consolidate all that I read as well as create a general investment thesis which I frequently return to and update. A lot of what I write is just a highlighted summary which is more my style, I don't generally like to provide advice or recommendations so that's why I keep the personal remarks short. It's up to the people reading the reports to make their own assessment. I just hope to provide the facts in a consolidated and easy-to-read manner. Writing the reports is a continual learning process and I am going to be undertaking a pretty heft resource investing course soon that I hope will develop my analysis and interpretation. So we'll see if I start giving more recommendations.

I have a very unique and extensive research approach to finding the stocks which I report on. A lot of companies pass through my eyes and I have a large watchlist. My best recommendation for those using Disc**d is to create your own server, set up channels for each specific stock you are tracking, add a re-tweet bot, add a youtube bot, create an email account where only company announcements get sent to then create a bot which alerts your disc**d when an announcement comes in. I also keep it as my personal trading journal, writing company notes, posting relevant articles as well as accumulating a range of tools/resources to support my investing.

Now to the second question... sorry for my rambling hahaha

Good question as to the take-over. For the specific trading strategy that I am trying to adopt, which can be hard sometimes, it best suits getting in early and then reloading as fast as you can on another play. The time to commercial development for Invictus will take quite some time... my guess is between 3-4 years. Yes if the company retains ownership, then the stock will be a lot higher than a potential take-over offer. However, within that 3-4 year window, there is a massive opportunity cost for other plays that I am seeing.

Say in a year's time we are offered a $5 buyout per share. From the thesis' of my other plays, I could quickly reload that and make more significant gains (10x) over those 3-4 years than the potential of the share price increasing from $5 to $20 (4x increase). It's just my trading strategy and financial goals.

Now I do see the merit of holding IVZ and being paid significant dividends in the future. However, my financial objective at the moment is to build my capital base as great as possible. This is why I employ the get-in early and reload strategy. I am not currently focused on earning passive income as my daily job provides that security.

This may also sound hypocritical however I am an environmentalist at heart and I would think that most here are as well. We are ultimately here for the financial gains that can be made from such plays. Going into my late age I would not like to have an income stream from companies involved in the degradation of the land and our planet. Yes, I know that I am being completely hypocritical right now. However, given my extreme financial goals and the timeframe to achieve them, certain sectors of the markets are able to provide the returns that I seek. Whilst it is unfortunate that certain sectors have negative impacts, I will be completely frank and say that I am self-centered in my investment approach. I don't want to work for the man for 30+ years. I want to retire in a few years and live a good life. This comes with a specific investment and trading approach.

Remember this is what WORKS FOR ME. Others may have different objectives etc. This is why I am hoping for a take-out offer however there are many arguments I could make for retaining ownership. Ultimately I don't care what happens as I will still be taking profits at certain $ prices. It just comes down to getting more capital earlier so I can compound faster or wait longer which could drag out the timeline to achieving my financial objectives

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $123.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 120000 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.55am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.