IVZ 4.05% 7.7¢ invictus energy ltd

IVZ Share Price, page-19479

1. 72 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    If I'm understanding the debate correctly, there was discussion that the broker data demonstrates that the sophs/institutional investors have been net sellers of Invictus shares. At first glance this appears to be the case based on the broker data that's been posted. However, ChilenoInvested brought up an interesting point that the broker data does not include the 100m+ shares that were purchased by sophs in the last capital raise. If you add the 100m to the negative numbers shown in the broker data, the sophs have been net buyers by a significant margin after accounting for the capital raise. This contradicts the argument that the sophs have been dumping all their shares on the market. When taken as a group, they've been dumping some shares but only a small fraction of what they purchased.

I agree with Chileno's argument and don't think the broker data includes the capital raise (but am not 100% confident). One thing that I would be interested in seeing is the data following the resumption of trading post discovery. Did the sophs dump a significant number of shares in anticipation of the capital raise? My initial assumption was "yes", but it would be interesting to see this confirmed by the broker data.

I suspect that the languishing share price is mostly the result of everyone expecting another below market raise, so why bother buying at market price? The big money will get first dibs and retail will likely be able to buy in cheaper once the price falls. I've been buying significant numbers of shares despite this, but understand the argument not to. Based on Scott's comments, there is a good chance future funding will be via JV or other alternate funding mechanisms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.