IVZ 1.28% 7.7¢ invictus energy ltd

IVZ Share Price, page-21277

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    my take on things as it stands:

on the 20th May national assembly, deputy minister for energy and mines HON. SIMBANEGAVI moved the motion to ratify the SADC protocol amendmant - the motion was accepted.

note that this has now happened, it will not happen in august, when speakers refer to "this august house" it is referring to the members that attended the 41st Summit of Heads of State and Government held in Lilongwe, Malawi - which was in august 2021 - where the SADC protocol was discussed and they decided it sounds like a good idea before they played golf. their parliament requires foreign policy to be ratified in a national assembly vote before it is adopted as the position of the zimbabwe government.

quotes from the motion:
    Our region has undertaken various policy reforms aimed atromoting market based and private sector led infrastructure and service provision.Segmentation of energy supply systems.Introduction of regulatory reforms.PrivatisationMigration towards cost reflective tariffs and energy prices.Increased regional cooperation and coordination of operations.Our region is endowed with diverse energy resources, including gas, biomass, petroleum, hydro and wind. The institutional changes within SADC must necessarily respond to the ongoing policy reforms in the energy sector. Therefore, in my capacity as a fellow legislator and an energy expert with extensive corporate experience, I support the resolution of this august House that the amended SADC Protocol on Energy be approved for ratification.

"We have load shedding, we believe that signing of this protocol is going to open doors for investment in the energy sector. I so submit Madam Speaker. Motion put and agreed to."

he even calls out the work that IVZ have been doing and de-risking for investors:
    Investment Promotion – Creating risk mitigation instruments will attract investors to the energy sector. Investors such as Invictus in Muzarabani, are already creating employment and increasing our asset portfolio. These mitigations will ensure secure investments in the SADC region.

further, in the 22nd MAY ratification of the AFC protocol, mininster for mines NCUBE also calls out examples where other countries adopted the SADC protocol and that lead to hydrocarbon projects being funded:
    The AFC also supported projects in countries such as Angola, the Cabinda Oil Refinery project, which if completed, has got an estimate capacity of producing 60 000 barrels of crude oil. The 60 000 barrels of crude oil produced per day will help to produce petrol, diesel and aviation gas which will support close to 40% of their domestic requirements in terms of fuel, which is actually a very important intervention by such a financial institution.

also:
    Madam Speaker, it also goes a long way to create opportunities, direct and indirect opportunities. One of the success stories again is the Aliko Dangote Oil Refinery Project which is a $5.6-billion-dollar project. This project has a capacity of producing 650 000 barrels of crude oil per day which will cover close to 60% of Nigeria’s oil requirements. That will help a long way. These success stories are an indication of how much we can benefit if we actually engage or ratify this treaty. You also know that the Government of Tanzania in 2018 also benefitted to the tune of US$85 million to support its budgetary and fiscal requirements for that year. It also helps for stability in that country.

so the entire goverment has now passed all required legislation, setup all required organisations, and everyone is well aware of the benefits of developing the caborra bassa.

so yes scott probably isnt answering calls and comms are limited because there is nothing to say, the national assembly ratifying both the SADC protocol and the AFC protocol would need to happen before the PPSA is signed. he cant pass commentary on it to the public and if he did it would probably just frustrate the goverment when he needs to keep good relations with them.

for me, the delay in our PPSA indicates that some of funding for the development of the caborra bassa and the required upgrades to the grid including interconnects to the SAPP are probably coming from the AFC/SADC funding pool - and that the MIF was waiting for this to happen.

i would expect now that both of these protocols are ratified, and that MIF is up and running with a new CEO, and we see that the goverment is granting licences to all sorts of international companies - i see that now things will start to move for us.

the delay caused by the slow turning cogs of a goverment trying to drag itself from its corrupt past, they have come a long way in doing so, and Invictus Energy has been mentioned in parlament a number of times as a company able to help them both with fixing issues with power, creating jobs and getting profits back to the government.

this, when combined with all the vested interests in One Gas, MIF, CBZ etc, and have the Deputy Minister for Energy specifically saying he wants to de-risk investment for companies like us - what more do you want? im not sure i have ever heard more bullish language from a goverment on a private company.

at this price i am all in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
-0.001(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $110.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.9¢ 7.9¢ 7.7¢ $119.8K 1.549M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 110052 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 893561 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.