IVZ 2.60% 7.5¢ invictus energy ltd

IVZ Share Price, page-4160

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1126
    VHR, something was bugging me.

Your assertion that legitimate, free-world business is sanctioned, by their own governments, in Zimbabwe.

If true, it would crippling for IVZ's prospects of success.

So I checked it out:

Fortunately, the sanctions you say are blocking legitimate western investment in Zimbabwe, are tightly targeted:
    - on military equipment
    - on engaging in asset transfers with specified individuals notorious for their human rights violations.

Tens of thousands of people were butchered during Mugabe's tenure, and many of the perpetrators are still around, in powerful positions, corrupt and doing business. That's who's targeted.

Invictus, being a non-military, non-human-rights-violating business, isn't targeted by the sanctions you bemoan. Simples.

What still inhibits free-world investment, these corrupt abusers, still being in powerful positions, is something that Beijing Nazis are totally chill about.

It's interesting, your HC posting history shows you're very supportive of Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Of course, I accept there's hypocrisy and games on all sides of this brutal tragedy, but none of it an excuse for such an unforced act of barbarity.

Painfully sad, foolish and hideous as the invasion is, my main long term concern is that Putin's regime, increasingly isolating from the free-world, becomes ever-more dependent on the Beijing Nazis for regime survival.

I did business in Moscow in 2006/7 and even then my Russian contacts expressed concern about Siberia, and even the whole of the ex-Soviet Union, ending up as an exploited Beijing puppet state - something like Beijing's other "bestest friends", North Korea, Eritrea, Myanmar.

That would be tragic. Think about it.

These days I do my business in Asia, with many people of Chinese heritage, and they share my views on the Beijing regime - no brainer.

And the experience of many Asian nations signing up to Belt-and-Road has been frightful.

So, I'm very happy for IVZ sell gas on the open market, to whoever needs it in Zimbabwe and abroad.

But IVZ should NOT risk getting into bed with CNODC. CNODC's track record of corruption, human rights abuses, and flagrant environmental negligence is documented. (For example, in another African country Chad, CNODC was fined USD $1.2 Billion and suspended from operating - not a risk IVZ could absorb).

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday, and I am gagging to hear what Scott has to say.

Last edited by Hedg: 11/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.002(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $108.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.7¢ 7.5¢ $46.86K 615.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 229715 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.