IVZ 0.00% 7.0¢ invictus energy ltd

Scott told me a few years back that he was dead set on avoiding...

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1136
    Scott told me a few years back that he was dead set on avoiding the PR driven / pump and dump model that many spec shares fall into.

His view was that only market manipulators and short-termists win from that game, and IVZ interests would not be served by SP volatility, but by focusing on proving the resource.

My impression was he's entirely sincere in that. As his subsequent actions demonstrate.

Problem is, turning his back to that side of the game, PR and SP management, left him a little blindsided to his brokers interests when it came to the CRs.

As it hardly needs to be stated, Scott lost big, alongside us small fry, from the 1:1 Oppies giveaway.

On the other hand, unlike us LT minnows, he's never intended to 'free-carry' (and wouldn't that tank the SP too?) - Scott is totally invested for the outcome.

I has another catch up with my broker mate yesterday evening. He's still asserting that MM's are happy to supress the IVZ SP (17c is a target he mentioned before), with a view to bringing down the pre-results baseline, to accumulate cheaply, not so much now, but AFTER an initial promising result further de-risks the project.

I don't know what his uber-confident assertions are worth. I'm inclined to trust that FOMO from positive results will quickly shatter any low-ball cap on the SP.

Anyway, ultimately, the MMs will want the SP above 35c, to grab their oppies.

Then they'll want to sell at top price - so will pump.

Time will serve us. We're just riders on the ugly beast's back.

After years of progress, lots of uncertainty is bubbling to the surface just now, as we head for the big moment.

But really, for us LT punters, there's nothing to do but kick back for a week or so. The drill will decide out fates.

Wow - IVZ just called a trading halt. The moment of truth?
    Last edited by Hedg: 14/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.