IXR 4.35% 1.1¢ ionic rare earths limited

IXR Charting & T/A, page-1152

1. 468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    Just on the above - eg "would make a terrible trader" - I came within 1 or 2 in the queue earlier in the week for a sell at 5.8, thinking I'd give swing trading a try and increase my position without any expense. I'd read about and seen the distinct channel of ups and downs, it was at the top and "overbought". I never got reached, and thought I'd missed my chance and cancelled the order that night intending to maybe just buy the dip instead.

The next day 6.4, and the day after 6.9. Luckily I'd held and not tried a strategy I'm not equipped to execute.

I'd have lost my position, made a small profit and may have bought in a smaller parcel at a much higher average.

I talked about learning lessons when I thought IXR would take off without me at the MRE increase and SS. Good lesson to learn.

Another valuable lesson is not to envy other people's ability (or given it is an anonymous forum, their claims to have the ability (general statement, no offence intended or directed at anyone)) to time and swing trade into large positions from smaller positions. Easy to think "man, I wish I could do that. I'll try, seems easy enough!" Well... if you don't know what you're doing, it really isn't.

I'm a buy and hold type. Trying to emulate strategies you don't have the skills for may work on occasion, but dumb luck is no strategy. Know your limitations.

I for one am very appreciative of a lot of the input on this forum. We should all read everything with a critical mind, and never take anything said purely on face value, but yeah - thanks to all regular contributors.

Would love to increase my modest position somehow, but equally just happy to be holding my lot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $53.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $20.74K 1.791M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1576027 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 5680207 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.