I think it says a lot that the voluntary retirement of a smart...

1. 717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I think it says a lot that the voluntary retirement of a smart and successful woman from political leadership is an excuse for a right-wing sookfest on HC. She occupied the top spot in NZ for longer than any of our own last six PMs (so far). She saw her small country through an unprecedented terrorist attack by standing up for persecuted minorities, she managed the response to a major natural disaster and the first genuinely global pandemic for a century. No one on this site comes anywhere near her for leadership, public presence and political nous and the best any of you can do is criticise her looks (I am sure you are all incredibly good looking) and disparage her economic management at a time when every country in the world, regardless of the leaning of their political leaders, has struggled to maintain economic output and government income while keeping citizens heads above water. I hope she sticks around in public life and continues to inspire young people, and young women in particular, to take leadership roles.

I won't be taking much notice of predictions here about the NZ election October given the track record of our resident RW commentators over the past twelve months.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.