GQG 0.72% $2.75 gqg partners inc.

Jain be Nimble

1. 734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 874

Look I know my posts are about as welcome as a porcupine in a condom factory here on the GQG thread but you lot have been seriously drinking your own bath water lately ......for a little bit of balance I need to step into the echo chamber.

Is it time for Rajiv to pivot ?

His energy play has been a winner but it’s gone off the boil ( Occidental down over 20% now since it peaked a couple of weeks ago ....Exxon down about 17%)

Oil prices have come off a bit and serious talk of windfall taxes on the oil and gas sector in the US is hurting sentiment.

The trouble with talking up your nimble style is that you might feel obliged to keep demonstrating it. Does he keep riding this oil play and hope it gets going again or does he pivot to something else?* Obviously there’s a risk either way.

Riding it would appear to be at odds with what this threads chief cheerleader recently proclaimed :

“Another thing impacting Fund Managers other than GQG is portfolio rotation. Psychologically it is difficult, Fund Analysts and Portfolio Managers have invested all this time in selecting a stock, why would they sell quickly? GQG is ruthless on this, no ego (as you said humble). Magellan should have sold BABA, Netflix, FB, etc as soon they fell 5% from highs - this is easier said than done, however GQG has clearly demonstrated that they can do this at the right time”

So when is the right time ?

5% from the highs was a while ago. Maybe Rajiv has lightened his Exxon and Occidental holdings already ?

If he pulls off a new pivot in this market environment he really is a genius and I’ll stop doubting him.

Watching with interest.

*personally I think stick with energy - but what would I know?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GQG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.