AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Thanks Stephan (though I do believe Findinggems and a couple of...

1. 4,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Thanks Stephan (though I do believe Findinggems and a couple of others have linked to that site in the past).

On that site highly relevant documents are:

• the minutes of the meetings of the COMEX - https://comexqc.ca/en/comex-documents/ - which seem to be held towards the end of the month (though there can be several sittings of the same meeting spread over a couple of weeks and the coming couple of meetings will be held at the start of the following month). It does look like it takes COMEX's secretariat three or months to finalise and release each set of minutes. The most recent set of minutes released are for Meeting 413, which was held on 27 April this year.
    • the register of decisions by the COMEX committee - there is a separate register for all the decisions in each financial year - each decision entry into a register contains what the date of the meeting was where that decision was taken, the meeting number, the subject matter, the decision and the decision type. Decisions can be a final recommendation or simply correspondence asking for more information. If you look at the 2023-24 decision register there are only three entries, all to do with decisions flowing from the Meeting 413, the one held on 27 April. It looks like the 2023-24 decision register was last updated on 24 July (I read somewhere that the most recent meeting - the one I think MD Martin referred to - was held on 26 July so it looks like there have been no updates to the register since that meeting).

Now the delay in releasing the minutes and decisions - decisions and the minutes from the 27 April meeting seem to have been released a full 3 months after the meeting - could come down to two reasons: either the decisions were made at the meeting and it took Sophie Cooper, the committee's Executive Secretary, three months to release that information OR it could be that due to dithering by the committee members those decisions were made well after the actual meeting. Which explanation is right matters because if it is the former then the Committee may have already made their recommendation about the James Bay project whereas if the delay in the announcement is due to the Committee not having made a decision yet then I'm afraid we may still be waiting for a few months more.

In other words, another example of why I do not rate Quebec as a premier mining jurisdiction (they have the pretence of transparency in their permitting process but classic bureaucracy manages to obscure and bog down everything anyway). Operators like Winsome and Sayona talk of getting their Quebec projects up and running from go to whoa in five years. For me, in large part due to the third world permitting system in Quebec, 8 to 12 years is more plausible. It that is the case then projects near to approval stage like James Bay should be valued at massive premiums in my view (which frustratingly is not the case).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.