AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I'm still watching, it's still not boiling ....This month we...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    I'm still watching, it's still not boiling ....

This month we have double the chance that the exceedingly bureaucratic committee that oversees the environmental and social permitting of mining proposals in Quebec might actually do something other than work on their paper trail and purity.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5632/5632894-9023fab44f553f465a6f3da45cfb0a64.jpg
    I think it imperative that the permitting of the James Bay project be nailed before the Independent Expert hands their report in. The project is such a significant part of the Allkem story and we should be viewing Allkem in terms of James Bay production not permitting. As such I would expect that Martin MD has relocated himself to Quebec, door-knocking every single Cree community, licking the boots of every single politician and bureaucrat that has anything to do with the process, and crossing every t and dotting every i in Allkem's attempt to satisfy every fkn ridiculous, pedantic process that the bunch of boofheads at COMEX can conjure up.

Of course in most incompetent jurisdictions this obstructionist mindset could be overcome with a brown envelope or a honey trap - which tends to favour Chinese interests over more legally and morally bound interests - but the fact is the canucks revel in sanctimony so have kicked the Chinese out of Quebec. End result is that other than a series of grand photo opportunities for the pollies FA is happening on the ground in Quebec. Meanwhile in Oz the likes of Azure and Liontown are in full throttle and in Brazil Sigma has come from nowhere to emerge as one of the giants of the sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.