AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I hope Australia learns a lesson this time with what happens...

1. 1,446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    I hope Australia learns a lesson this time with what happens when we import all our petrol when so totally reliant on it.

High prices are one thing... but imagine 0 supply. This Country would be stuffed in days if not hours and grind to a halt without it at the moment. Even our "blessed" coal stations pumping out electricity would grind to a halt as without fossil fuels the trucks etc feeding the coal into the furnaces etc stop.

For starters no reason large charging stations East to West can't be created and source their energy from local wind/solar and battery.

I traveled along the Eyre Highway and one thing I noticed was it being hot, flat and in places very windy. The highway was also littered with a LOT of roadkill so... solar farms could also be used as a buffer between the road and the outback.

Seems our PM wants to fast-track damn submarines rather than positive Australia-wide infrastructure.

In other places there's potential for local stations to be powered by hydro/solar/off-peak combination. My town of Mt Beauty has a lot of hydro stations in the hills and where the water comes out of the tunnel into the regulating pondage has a VERY strong current at peak times when they're generating and IMO could be harnessed one last time to power an array of charging stations.

I actually think ~90% of the people on this planet are still living in denial-land where petrol/oil is an infinite supply and cheap (or at least for their lifetime after which they couldn't care less about).

Bottom line being when the World catches up to reality, producers like AKE with multiple assets over different continents will be worth something more in line with their true value.

What is the value in $$$$ terms of making sure your Country keeps going if the oil supply is CUT? Billions? trillions? per day... per month... per year?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.