AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I did not see any drop dead issues but I may have missed...

1. 4,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2713
    I did not see any drop dead issues but I may have missed something buried in an appendix somewhere. But even if the project does get the final tick of approval Allkem will likely have a long list of additional work to do and hurdles to jump through. And as Audax pointed out there are still two more agencies to hand in their final assessments.

My main take-away is that Quebec is probably not a tier 1 mining jurisdiction, being burdened with an overly convoluted and bureaucratic approval process: lots of arse covering for the sake of arse covering. It is the worst of bureaucratic nonsense to make out that the longer you take to make a decision somehow increases the merit of the process and the final decision. Maybe it is true that gallic bureaucracy really is more dysfunctional than anglo bureaucracy. I still think that Canada is perfectly positioned to fill a vital role in the electrification of vehicles in coming years but maybe Ontario and not so much Quebec.

Also amazing that a couple of the issues looked at were raised by the truck stop which is right next to the proposed mill site: FMD, the owners of the truck stop will make an absolute mint from having hundreds of workers moving into the area and yet they whinged about increased dust levels (their business relies on lots of dusty, polluting trucks FFS).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.