LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Jan 1st 2015 article....oh how wrong he was.

1. 1,308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    Had this article from Australian in my files.
    Was going to show everyone how LNG walked the talk......

Unfortunately the content and interview given by Maurice will always be etched in my mind as complete folly and a disaster (for 2015).

Currently the second worst performing ASX200 stock for 2015.
    What ever the reasons we are where we are. Oh well. Maybe 2016 will be better?

Lets just not have any more of these 'back slapping' articles printed again LNG

HAPPY NEW YEAR LNG holders. Not really being negative - just stating it as it is now. I hold but am not satisfied with this years performance. (putting it 'nicely')

Have a drink tonight and a good laugh whilst reading this article from 1 year ago.

May 2016 be a better one for LNG!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

LNG Limited aims to go even higher

• THE AUSTRALIAN
    • JANUARY 1, 2015 12:00AM
    • Resources reporter
    FRESH from leading his company through an astonishing year of share price growth, LNG Limited managing director Maurice Brand is determined not to be a one-hit wonder.

Shares in LNG closed yesterday at $2.42, capping a phenomenal 720 per cent gain for the year. The rise made it comfortably the best-performed stock from the ASX 200 index — Sirtex Medical was the next best with a 141 per cent gain — but it could have been even better were it not for a slump in the final months of the year due to falling iron ore prices.
    By mid-September, LNG had peaked at $4.45 a share, equating to a 1408 per cent gain since January 1.

Mr Brand knows that replicating those sorts of gains again is unlikely, but believes the company can continue to outperform all others.
    We know we’ve got to repeat it again next year. We’ve got a very aggressive plan of delivery, and if we do that the price will respond,” Mr Brand said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re still the best-performed ASX 200 stock by the end of next year, and that will happen if we deliver our milestones.”

The company’s gains have been built around its proposed Magnolia liquefied natural gas project in the US state of Louisiana. Major US institutional investors began pouring into the stock early in the year as they bet that LNG Limited’s proprietary technology would allow it to develop a US gas export facility cheaper and more quickly than its rivals. The stock gains have had a life-changing impact on many of the company’s smaller retail shareholders, and Mr Brand said he had been touched by the gratitude he was shown by investors during a recent roadshow around Australia.
    “It was really quite an experience. People kept coming up asking me for a hug,” he said.
    Mr Brand said one Brisbane investor had held a parcel of 100,000 LNG shares. The man was diagnosed with a health issue early in the year, Mr Brand said, but the surge in LNG allowed him to sell the bulk of his interests and retire to focus on his recovery.

The prospects of LNG replicating its 2014 run would appear to be challenged by the steep drop in oil and gas prices in recent months, but Mr Brand does not believe the fall will slow his company’s momentum.

Several proposed North American LNG projects have fallen over in recent weeks, with Malaysia’s Petronas deferring its proposed Pacific Northwest LNG development in British Columbia and Excelerate Energy scrapping plans for a floating LNG plant off Texas.

Mr Brand said the problems facing other proposals just reinforced the attractive qualities of his company’s Magnolia project. “Our costs per tonne (of LNG capacity) are well under half the capital costs of other projects and our timeline is quicker,” he said.
    The company yesterday said it had met another milestone in its efforts to secure formal government approvals, with Mr Brand saying he was confident that Magnolia would get the green light early in the year.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...r/news-story/f4acb4d291f17930906794de37b5894b

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.