AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

So, there's some interesting things to note from the new Top...

1. 2,403 Posts.
    So, there's some interesting things to note from the new Top 40s.

But first, total volume for the month was 13.78m, compared with 7.84m for December, 9.51m for November and 15.93m for October.

Interesting to note that all that 13.78m occured between 5.8c and 6.5c. Suggests some demand sneaking back in to meet with supply.

At 31 April 2012, there were 104.5m heads on issue. Top 40 owned 43.12% of them.

At 31 January 2013, there are 125.3m heads on issue (20% increase). Top 40 own 47.6% of them. That's the highest I've seen since I've been tracking these.

Fortrend's nominee - their net position for January was they sold an even 800,000 shares. Still holding about 3.6m. Did the 24 December soph placement slow their selling?? Seems plausible.

Still on the heads - holders #2 and #3 continued to add, still hovering just below that 5% mark (as I mentioned earlier I wouldn't expect either of them to go above the 5% so they can conceal their selling for a little while).

Super Pipeline PL (go on, identify yourself! :P) held just 450,000 heads in april - now hits #7 at a cool 4.8m.

Our good friends Deck Chair Holdings PL was one of the soph investors who took part in the placement. They appear to be have almost sold out completely, having sold ~660k of their 1.25m oppies during January and they've also disappeared from the heads list during January (from 1.25m heads). Have 590,225 oppies left and look at that sell on the oppies at 1.9c (590,225). They'll have turned their initial $75k into about $100k by my counting (selling the oppies at or around 2c, the heads at or around 6c). Not bad for a couple of months. Oh, to be a "sophisticated" investor...

Not much other change in the heads.

In the oppies, a couple of new entrants as you can see. #4 and #6 previously didn't hold oppies, now they have ~1.7m and ~1.1m each.

Another 6 of the SIs have also disappeared from the oppies list. And yet another has sold about 1/3 of their free oppies.

Suffice to say that our sophisticated investors are about as committed to the long-term as Fortrend's nominee... Hard to pass up a quick 30% gain though for not having to do very much.

McNally Clan Inv PL on the other hand (the #2 heads holder), acquired even more oppies during January adding another ~1.3m to their haul. They now own 12.9m shares and 10.7m oppies (over 17% of all the listed oppies on issue). They've added almost 5m oppies to their haul since the start of November.

Anyways, hope I don't bore too many people with my ramblings. As you can see, the numbers interest me greatly and they tell a story IMO. Links below.

Link to Top 40 Heads

Link to Top 40 Oppies

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.