PEN 2.56% 8.0¢ peninsula energy limited

You are throwing out facts - yet you are missing context which I...

1. 281 Posts.
    You are throwing out facts - yet you are missing context which I think is relevant.

The 50 reactors were not shut down over a weekend. I don't think you can draw much from "only two" being restarted over the weekend. What you can do, I believe is take that restarting of ANY reactors is a huge deal.

I think making any conclusions on the 50:2 ratio you've come up with will have meaning if it stays that way for a meaningful period of time.

From the perspective of Japanese reactors using up inventory yes, however from a global perspective not so long.

Even if there are to be no more reactor start ups - the inventory is insignificant from the perspective of future global requirements.

It appears that most public information asserts other reactors will be re started after some conditions are satisfied.

My guess is more will be restarted once safety has been assured after reactors meet the new risk model incorporating a little more tsunami as well as making sure the plants are maintained to the standard that allows redundant safety systems to work and so on.

As someone else mentioned, 50 were shut down, at least temporarily for the purpose of ensuring safety. This makes sense given one set of plants suffered due to not being (up to standard redundancy) capable of withstanding a huge earthquake followed by a sizeable Tsunami.

My view is that there is a huge psychological component involved with the perception of reactor safety. I think it will take some more time but I do believe all modern and well managed plants will return to service.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
0.002(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $254.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.1¢ 8.2¢ 7.9¢ $904.8K 11.28M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 547650 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 261157 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.