thorburn....I understand where you're coming from but I am a bit...

1. 934 Posts.
    thorburn....I understand where you're coming from but I am a bit of a cynic. I find it hard to trust that Govts will always do the right thing..... Looking back on past performance of Govts & Dictators eg wars, territorial disputes, genicide etc (& currently Gadhafi bombing his own ppl, what a guy) We seem to have a lot of trouble learning from our mistakes. I just don't think us humans are responsible or trustworthy or even have the smarts to dispose of, store, & keep us safe from radiation contamination for the nxt 1000 yrs or so, & Nuclear Power Plants don't seem like a trial & error kind of thing to me. Human nature being what it is, some people are pretty money driven, can be easily corrupted & will take short cuts when they can. Some of these countries (corrupt or otherwise) will be trusted to maintain & store radioactive material & they can't even feed or look after their own bloody people. Also I just can't see the economic viability of the building, security, transportation, cleanup & storage of waste long term. I guess i'm trying to look too far down the track but for me, the gamble with human lives & in fact the whole planet if something major happens, is just too great. We're smart, but we're not that smart, look where they built them in the first place....thanks anyway

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.