AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

My comment referred to some journalists suggesting if the plant...

1. 313 Posts.
    My comment referred to some journalists suggesting if the plant had been de-commissioned when it was due, there may not have been the problem currently being experienced - ie it could have been a maintenance issue.

My comment had nothing to do with how the Japanese were handling the current situation at all.

"Many facilities/utilities are utilised well beyond their initially intended life. They can be upgraded and improved. But I expect the cost of replacing is a bigger issue than keeping things running. (P.S Have a look at some of BP's facilities in Alaska if you want examples of over-used, decrepid and dangerous)"

Completely agree that is "the corporate line" but perhaps the cost of replacing the facility would be less than the fixing it when it fails. Maybe that's the lesson that should be learnt by all governments.

How many natural disasters do there have to be before it sinks in ... or is there some sort of collatoral damage ratio built into the corporate template?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.