SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Japan shuts down "Dream Reactor" that costed US$9 bn, page-2

1. 2,552 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    My opinion SilSmart - it is great for Silex. Silex exists on a practical and conventional plane. We enrich uranium and this enriched uranium is used to run tried and tested conventional reactors and generate power - very simple, very practical.

There is nuclear waste from this power generation process - or "poo" as I call it. There are those out there who think they can use the "poo" to produce more energy... these scientists are the deluded dreamers. Reality is - you simply can't get power out of poo without putting excessive amounts of energy and capital into the poo in the first place... which is why it will always fail. As my old man use to say - "you can't get blood from a stone".

These dreamers have cost the nuclear power industry and countries of the world dearly. Had these billions of dollars wasted on poo power been plowed into making conventional nuclear power generation more efficient, productive and cost effectively safer, along with better waste disposal methods, there would be no need for any other type of power generation on the planet - no other power generation method could compete - except maybe hydro but there are environment costs here.

So now that it is starting to hit home that 'poo power' 'advanced nuclear' is a waste of time, effort and money, the nuclear renaissance is now able to begin - refocused on conventional power generation and sensible waste storage.

For SILEX the benefits of this renaissance are two-fold...

1. We are the most efficient and effective means of enriching uranium for power generation; and,
    2. We can efficiently and effectively separate some of the Good U out of the enrichment poo for which can then be reused.

However, it would not surprise me at all if SILEX could also be used to break down power generation poo as well.

The irony of all this is... General Electric has given up on SILEX and conventional nuclear and is focusing on PRISM, which is essentially another breeder reactor like this failed experiment in Japan and they are doing it just at the time when the world is realising that Conventional Trumps Conceptual. My guess is that there will be a group at GE who will be out on their arses real soon.

I am... SirKnight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.