AJA 0.00% $7.23 astro japan property group

Japan is not out of the woods yet, so things won't be roses.I...

1. 205 Posts.
    Japan is not out of the woods yet, so things won't be roses.

I have been looking very closely at Aja, formerly bjt, since 2008. Their performance during the GFC was actually much better than I expected (eg. massive CR, default on loan etc.). The other one was MCW (now known as CQR), which recovered much faster than I thought.

That's the reason that I have confidence in the Aja management. Looking forward, the worst case scenario (except for war or earthquake) is Aja cannot refinance the next loan due, and have to make a fire sale. Assuming no equity returned from the fire sale, aja's NTA will take a significant cut ( won't be 50% though), but the company will survive and still do well in the long term. This is an unlikely scenario, IMHO, based on the fact that Aja has already re-financed a number of loans in the last 18 months. It may have something to do with Lucas' relationships in the japanese business circle. Relationships play a big role in japanese business, that's a cultural difference compared to the western way of doing business.

Good luck to all holders and DYOR.

Snowfree

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.