TOE 6.52% 21.5¢ toro energy limited

2030/2040 is a fair way into the future and I guess there is...

1. 657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    2030/2040 is a fair way into the future and I guess there is time for a watering down of any proposal by Japan.

Demand for Uranium is still likely to increase with developments elsewhere in the world and supply issues during the next 3-5 yrs are more likely to effectively increase uranium prices. Are predictions of price in the shorter term more important to Toro than what might happen in 20 years time?

Japans nuclear problems are already out there and are the reason uranium is already depressed. So in other words whats new ? The market has already priced Japan into the Uranium price.

UK,India,China etc all building new reactors that will be online before Japan backs off.

Cameco and BHP have already flagged reductions in expected developments and decomisioning of a nuclear arsenal is still going be reduced ( thereby increasing demand from alternative sources)

Toro ( if they get approval) will be doing everything possible to get a mine up and running on a gamble that prices will rise. They have gambled this far and if they back away then what else have they to offer? If they do not push then they may not get another chance. The present price for uranium is so low that other producers are likely to phase back production therefore again causing reduced supply and increasing prices. Toro would likely view that as a real possibility so improving their gamble.

Toro isn't just playing in a marketplace in which price is key they are playing in an arena where SECURE supply may be seen as more important with foreign investment prepared to pay more for investment in the company itself. There are not many companies able/prepared to move in to fill the immediate supply gap.

That is not going to change with Japans thoughts and by restarting reactors in the interim they are contributing to demand

When 2030 arrives the world will be a different place and fossil fuels are not likely to be easier or cheaper any time soon. Green power generation is not likely to be the highest priority for China or India. Nuclear power is likely to increase a lot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.015(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $25.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $127.0K 579.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72527 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 147036 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.