PDN 2.19% $11.18 paladin energy ltd

japan's operating reactors online until sept.

1. 2,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    News from 3 July that I overlooked but I'm certain it has contributed to PDN's share price performance since:

Japan's sole operating reactors allowed to be online until Sept (when they will be taken offline for mandatory routine checks):

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/130703/japans-sole-operating-reactors-allowed-be-online-until

Also...

Japan Nears Switching on Reactors After Tepco’s Meltdown:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/japan-nears-switching-on-reactors-after-tepco-s-meltdown-energy.html

"The nation’s Nuclear Regulation Authority will receive applications for switching on plants starting July 8, and more than five utilities plan to seek permits. Tokyo Electric Power Co., operator of the wrecked Dai-Ichi plant that spread radiation in the Fukushima area, said yesterday it will seek permission to start its Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear plant as soon as possible. Its shares jumped 19 percent yesterday."

"Utilities that plan to submit applications on July 8 have been asked to inform the NRA of their intentions by 3 p.m. on July 5, the agency said in a statement today. After the applications are filed, the NRA will begin inspections that are expected to take about three months, according to Ogino."

SO IN SUMMARY:

JULY 5 TO JULY 8: IT WILL BE KNOWN HOW MANY JAPANESE REACTORS PLAN TO GO BACK ONLINE. AND IT LOOKS TO ME THAT BY THE TIME THE TWO REACTORS CURRENTLY OPERATING GET SHUTDOWN FOR MAINTENANCE THEY WILL HAVE OTHER REACTORS COMING ONLINE.

I AM CONFIDENT THAT THE RESTARTING OF NUCLEAR REACTORS IN JAPAN WILL HAVE A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT ON THE URANIUM PRICE AND PDN'S PRICE AS SOON AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED.

STILL SPECULATIVE, BUT I THINK THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER FOR A VERY GOOD RUN FOR PDN FROM NOW TILL THEN END OF THIS YEAR (WHEN THE "MEGATONS TO MEGAWATTS PROGRAM" ENDS). PDN (WITH NO SHORT-TERM DEBT AND AT THE CURRENT SHARE PRICE) IS A VERY COMPELLING INVESTMENT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.18
Change
-0.250(2.19%)
Mkt cap ! $3.342B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.66 $11.66 $11.18 $25.19M 2.232M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 8339 $11.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.24 800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.