JAT 0.66% 76.0¢ jatcorp limited

I find it weird that so many ‘chartists’ or TA experts’ freely...

1. 1,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    I find it weird that so many ‘chartists’ or TA experts’ freely post about trading the stock. It’s kind of insulting and or gloating. There is a place for it but I’m unsure it’s here or at least not in the manner a few are using it as. Informative charts are great but irrelevant imo unless you are trying to short.

Everyone has a strategy. Fine. But no one really cares if you’re in or out or looking for a re entry point. Granted this is ‘JAT chart only’ thread but it is really taking the sheen off what is a fantastic medium to long term investment.

Basically, anyone reading these posts and are concerned about the lowering SP, just need to step back and look at the fundamentals. Set your strategy and stick to it. You’re not a trader. The posters charting and giving daily updates on this thread are traders, looking to either sell their shares to you or buy them off you - this is a broad comment, there are genuine posters just stating a trend.

I would urge those not savvy with TA to ignore it completely. If you’re a trader, fine. Ofcourse it’s a used tool but it is over glammed and not many in the industry (hedge fund) use it to the degree you’d think. They use ideas and concepts from TA, looking at charts and indicators, drawing conclusions from price patterns but most certainly don’t use ridiculous wave counts, stupidly named patterns, magic numbers - it’s all superficial rubbish that’s created a market in selling TA tools and concepts.

If you’re not trading, leave it. Do not be concerned about the fluctuations. Set your stop losses if uncomfortable or have an exit strategy. If you’re invested for growth, you need to at least see this as a six month investment (to realise a few milestones) and re assess. If you trade on pips and advice that ‘we may see 13.5’, you are trading into the traders hands.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
0.005(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $63.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
75.0¢ 76.0¢ 75.0¢ $27.89K 37.09K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4500 76.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
76.5¢ 75777 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.14pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.