JAT 1.43% 71.0¢ jatcorp limited

JAT is 'Udderly Cowabunga', page-327

1. 24,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Personally it's not much of a consideration when looking at JAT for me.
    PBM's are quite expensive. I bought some from ALDI a week ago and at over $4+ per 100gms ($40+kg) and tasted rather awful Australians won't be parting money to replace their meat diets with it.
    I don't believe it was a JAT product as it wasn't wagyu beef which if is supposedly as good as the real deal, it would be even more expensive.
    It will only drop in price if it becomes a mainstream purchase so expect it to be novelty idea for general consumers.
    That tweet ad was June last year and we haven't heard anything substantial since.
    If taken up by a restaurant chain, tastes great then that could give better hope.
    In China/Asia, it's different due to domestic population. I don't know how many restaurants in Shanghai Godly but I read some reviews on them and doesn't seem so dramatic. JAT reported trialling at other restaurants as well.
    It's a 50% deal with Oppenheimer and will be manufactured in China with ingredients exported from Australia.
    I don't think it will be in the $millions in the immediate future but hope I am wrong and I could be.
    The money is in the MILK formulas. Container loads of it mass produced and shipped. Into over a thousand stores all over China and opening their own.
    Also in other Asian countries. South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam.
    Then the Middle East and hopefully India as well?
    I can't wait to see the lines of probiotics they have in mind that will be displayed alongside the milk products.
    As plant based meats become actually like the real deal and more mainstream then that will be added on top.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JAT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.