"The reality is that due to climate change old infrastructure is...

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    "The reality is that due to climate change old infrastructure is now less likely to withstand the more frequent and more severe storm events."

Eagles you're cracking me up so much I can't reply properly.
    I'm having laughing fits with crippling muscle spasms causing a loss of body control.
    They must be another side effect from this all encompassing "climate change" weather you've concocted eagle'``!!!;;;
    I"ll need a little lie down first_

I'm back now_
    Luckily here in VIC we still have efficient, pollutant-free, brown coal fired Power Plants, which are, critically, kept running and maintained to provide additional, stable, base-load electricity to SA and TAS and NSW for all those normal weather occasions when the wind doesn't blow or blows too hard or the sun doesn't shine or the Tassie rains don't fall where their Hydro Plants are.

Unfortunately here in VIC the Labor gov't and the sap-sucking Gangrenes want to close the coal fired Plants at any cost and don't give a damn about people or industry.

What Labor and the sad-sack Greens haven't daren't mention, and most of the local media hasn't fully reported, is that the Hazelwood mine blaze of 2014 will be the subject of a landmark Supreme Court criminal trial.

The blaze affected tens of thousands of people and was deliberately started.

"A man in his 20s, who cannot be identified because of fears for his safety, has been committed to stand trial on a charge of intentionally causing a bushfire.
    It will be the first time that charge has been prosecuted at a trial,...

The man's lawyer did not oppose a Supreme Court trial, but applied for it to be heard in Melbourne, arguing that his client could not receive a fair trial in the Latrobe valley...

There are concerns the 45 day fire may have led to premature deaths. The blaze blanketed Morwell with black smoke and ash. Schools were closed."

The 23-9-2016 [last Friday] Herald Sun article is only available in full to subscribers.
    Hazelwood accused in landmark trial

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscri...4913a342dd1303684a4394a00cf&memtype=anonymous

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.