SPA 0.00% 1.7¢ spacetalk ltd

Nothing wrong with being cautious but I think there is a big...

1. 13,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3940
    Nothing wrong with being cautious but I think there is a big difference between corrections, bear markets and a complete collapse of the financial system due to debt overload. The US is currently bouncing off bear market levels after a big correction.
    Japan has a very mature economy, an aged population, little room for immigration (i.e. none of the advantages we have) and yet they have been "kicking the can down the road" for decades.
    The chart below shows how high Japans debt to GDP was in 2007, just before the GFC and the latest available on that website which is 2016.  2016 is almost unchanged from 2013 after climbing from 210% in 2010 to near 250% in 2013 and yet despite the increased debt, the Nikkei managed to double over the following 3 year period. The US by comparison is at around 120% - less than half of Japan's.
    My point is that trying to call a financial collapse based on debt levels might be a correct call (eventually) but you might wait decades to see it. Japan's market has had plenty of peaks and troughs but is almost unchanged over the last 25 years. They have not had a financial system collapse despite very high debt levels and the aged population/no population growth. How high is too high for Japan and how high is too high for the US? That's open for speculation and trying to time it...?
    MWR is in a strong growth phase. European expansion is much easier to time than outside markets. When I see full valuation, I'll start selling at least part holdings. We are nowhere near there yet.

japan debt to 2016.png

https://data.oecd.org/gga/general-government-debt.htm

Despite the Australian All ords still not even reaching pre-GFC levels and being down on the year, MWR is in a very strong and positive looking uptrend - and with good reason.

mwr jan 2019.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.007M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $490 27.53K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 277777 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 104001 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.