NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

JCap short report released, page-138

1. 9,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8427
    As a former holder and keen observer of this stock, this 'report' (I haven't read it, nor intend to), is just another factor in the current share price.

The current price of any stock is made up just of the current supply and demand for that stock, which is based upon the collective thinking of all participants. The writers of this report are obviously short and hope to make money from transforming the belief of other players in the stock, both holders and non holders looking to enter.

It is really no different to any and every bullish post on an investment forum, or bullish broker's report on the stock, just in the opposite direction. However it has attracted a lot more attention than posts on forums or brokers reports, so may influence more people in the short term.

Meanwhile we continually get reports showing the strength of the company from the directors of the company, always painting a bright future, no matter what is currently happening within a stock. I don't think I've ever read a report, annual, half yearly, quarterly, or just presentation where the future outlook is not bright, including from companies that went bust soon after. (I'm not suggesting that is going to happen here.)

Every shareholder needs to take a good long hard look at why they bought, stick to their plan whatever it is, but always protect the downside, in other words simple investing 101 that we should all do with EVERY stock.

Ructions like this usually offer some type of opportunity, whether a complete rejection of the report or people joining in creating a route. We will not know until trading happens, after the BOD write their response completely rejecting any notion of poor performance in the future for this company.

Personally I wouldn't be believing EITHER side of the latest reports, just look at the numbers that put you into this stock, whether FA or TA and stick to your plan..

Good luck shareholders, my personal view is that shorting should be banned because it can destroy good companies. I've been looking for another entry point as Nearmap has been a good trading stock over the last few years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.