NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

My analysis of their 'analysis' - It's BollaxIn their own...

1. 50 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    My analysis of their 'analysis' - It's Bollax
    In their own website's words on https://www.jcapitalresearch.com/
    "Be warned. We are activists, usually on the short side. We are biased. We do our best to find and present facts, based on extensive primary research and using public sources. But we will profit if these stocks decline or, when we are long, rise in value. We do not offer advice on how to trade a stock. We present our views."

In more detail:

“the company is laying off sales staff and offering discounts in a panicked attempt to improve margins, knee-capping its efforts to grow”

Upon Covid kicking off NEA shed headcount, most of which were recent hires. They’ve reportedly been hiring not losing headcount of late and I’m open to persuasion, but say no real evidence in the report.

“Nearmap is flying only densely populated areas to save money on the cost of surveys.”

It’s called economies of scale. If that isn’t understood by the author, they should see if EagleView capture desert towns that no one needs to see. NEA's coverage areas are posted on their website and are public knowledge.

“The reality is that losses are widen-ing, gross margins are going backwards, and competitors are crushing them”

“Expect more losses and more hype about the prospects in the U.S. when the company reports H1 FY 2021 on February 16”

This isn’t analysis, it’s a hatchet job based on their biased view. Release the report after Jan 16 with facts, rather than throwing ill informed crap about.

Glassdoor reviews - old ones, 2016…really?

Aerometrex - 20% of AU Market. Bollax, their ACV is almost purely Lidar.

I could go on, but the report is as useful as old toilet paper. If the numbers are crap next week, pile on, but this is just a poorly constructed distraction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.