I am not as jaded as some here about politicians, there are more...

1. 14,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I am not as jaded as some here about politicians, there are more than a few I believe who are trying their best to improve the lot of their country and it's people.

That said , there are few that have inspired me. Today I'm "far right" in the jargon of the left, but until Rudd I generally voted labor and until Abbott no liberal inspired me, Tony the first and only lib I thought to be a genuine bloke.

The only thing I knew about US politics is that they shot Reagan and JFK, and I had a vague feeling of revulsion about LBJ, the Bushs and Obama. Only when Trump came down the famous escalator and I watched him a few times did I have a positive vibe about a politician, which is odd. Why would a country Aussie take to a brash NY billionaire with strange idioms while speaking? I am more likely to identify with southern rednecks.

I now feel the same about Vance. I knew virtually nothing of him 'til a couple of days ago but I have watched his biographical movie and listened to people talking about him. One thing that is absolutely undeniable is his intellect, he graduated magna cum laude after doing a four year undergrad course in two and got his foot in the door of the legal profession and Yale in spite of not having a clue which fork to use at the dinner table.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist but these two men may be the salvation of America and the West.
    Last edited by LoadedDog: Yesterday, 21:01

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.