Jeans west is one of other stores wrapping up like EB Game,...

1. 17,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Jeans west is one of other stores wrapping up like EB Game, Napoleon P, I think Harris Scarfe still going atm but you get the picture

Another local business in my area is closing up. The excuse, retirement, which is BS.

I do not know why business don't get flexible and slow down and shut up and wait before they really run dry? I understand those business with executives wanting their payouts before administration but smaller businesses that can be nimble should be smarter. Still low interest rates is a killer for them especially with the rents

Shortly many commercial landlords will not be getting a dime because no business in them. The landlords via council have been talking about luring people to live above shops changing zones but is there more to it??

Having said this it seems to me it depends on location, location, location.

I was in Sydney talking to a mate showing me around. He said one spot they knocked down something put in a Dan Murphy's. Within 6 months of operation they knocked down Dan Murphys and put up a block of flats.

Still households have to live and do something instead of just being a bum on the couch...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.