Hi Boswell, I went off on a bit of a search after reading your...

1. 6,471 Posts.
    Hi Boswell, I went off on a bit of a search after reading your post containing info on the various works that have moved you in one way or another. I listened to, Notes From the Metaverse and I very much understand you suggesting that it was like a breath of fresh air. It also brings into fidelity that which is being eroded, lost and abandoned by this version of the world as it commodifies, simplifies, stupefies and prostitutes all forms of art, interpersonal relationships and social intercourse. An example is the ever revision of works like the Bible into increasingly simpler forms to accommodate an atrophy of reasoning ability and thus meeting the needs of the masses at the point of the lowest common denominator of understanding.

This forum topic is about the Jehovah Witness as presented by 4 Corners and I have long expressed an interest in religion because it exemplified wrongs I could see but could not solidify enough in thought to put into words. This abnegation of the holy self, the seat of the foundation of justice that comes with the G.d given obligation to know truth via one's own knowledge and not via the dictates of some political or religious governing body. To cede one's self to the dictates of totalitarianism is a death greater than death.

In a sense it is the last unholy bastion of materialism, this form of religious belief is the ultimate materialism, because it is a commodity, man-made, codified for control, prescribed and inflicted back upon its followers without any right of redress. Comply, fear, obey because G.d loves you and we are His representatives on earth, so by inference, we are god.

They will take your money, your family, your life by causing you to refuse a blood transfusion because G.d finds blood sacred and yet when you die this same G.d lets your blood rot and be eaten by maggots, should you express even a suggestion of freedom of thought.

I can think of no crime greater than to sexually abuse a child, perhaps only the actions of those who might have protected that child and any further assaults on children, who then neglect their humanity to protect the interests of the child over the finances and name of the Cult, church, religion have committed the greater crime.

One wonders what a religion would have to do to be deregistered as a religion, because the worst crimes committed in most societies were committed by religions and they remain untouched. For me this makes it very difficult to know where the foundations of a sound, society might be laid, because it's not in religion or our political systems and if everything is working to erode our common sense, then we have truly entered the age of consequence.

I found the following clip to be a bit special, even the art and cartoon drawings are wonderful. Deeply insightful.

All the best.
    Me

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.