I watched this show. Very challenging. Makes you wish you could...

1. 6,410 Posts.
    I watched this show. Very challenging. Makes you wish you could do something.

I would be keen to get a comment from you regarding the clip I posted if you get time to look at it. I know clips are a bit challenging, but I thought this one was so very much on the money, creative and a pleasure to look at. It seems to me at least that it kind of explains the demographic of JW members, though not aimed up at them at all, and there is a JW type person, why they can eventually swallow what they do even though it runs contrary to science and logic and how control is further enhanced by a pernicious, drip-fed manipulation of fear and a gradual replacement of Jesus and the Bible as the centre of their belief by a Governing Body drunk on their own authority.

There have been some interesting studies done of the various lectures and dissertations given by elders of the JW org to members and it was found that when other religions might have referred to Jesus at certain intervals, as the source of inspiration and authority, the JW elders refer back to the Governing Body as the sole authority. They are literally G.d in the flesh as the Holy Spirit works through them and them alone. No hubris intended, but I guess if you make the claim that 144,000 of you are going to self-nominate to rule with G.d in heaven, nothing else they do should be surprising.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.