I guess you are referring to, John 16:7 and the reference to...

1. 6,410 Posts.
    I guess you are referring to, John 16:7 and the reference to Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby, Councillor, as the many translations have used for this word, Comforter.

Mr Gordon is instructed to direct Scripture in a certain direction to endorse an American tale. His religion is as imperial as the culture it grew from and simply reflects that culture. By imperial I mean that it seeks to ignore and dominate all other religious voices, both Christian and other. To do this it must tinker with Scripture so it seems that the Jehovah Witness are not just another group lost in the wilderness, which of course they are.

As for John 16:7, this is a direct reference to the essential sacrifice of Jesus that will enable the Holy Spirit to descend upon another who is like Jesus, who is likened to the Second Coming of Jesus.

Jesus says about this personage who is like Himself, yet will have much more to say and reveal, " I still have much to tell you, but you can not yet bear to hear it." This speaks to the relative truth of religion that reveals only what the capacity of the age can understand. "When the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. . . . . " He will glorify Me by taking what is Mine and disclosing it to you."

This is the Comforter, a personage like Jesus but not literally Jesus, who serves the same Will of G.d as Jesus did via the Holy Spirit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.