AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

JEMSE (Jujuy Energy & Mining provincial company), page-5

1. niu
    1,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578
    It's funny - a few days ago pj posted that
    By the way, if you’ve been in Jujuy days ago probably you’ve heard about the idea of Mr Palomares (Jemse President). His project is a little crazy and risky and I don’t agree with it due to his idea can cause a lot of damage for the Argentina mining.

Well I have never been in Jujuy and had never heard of Mr Palomares  but figured I should consult Google. It turns out that José María Palomares has indeed been in the news a lot. Yes, big headlines in Jujuy online , el tribuno and elsewhere. It seems he is a real champion of renewable energy and has plans for generating 1000 MW of renewable energy - 600MW from wind (plenty of that on the puna) 300 from photovoltaics, and 100 from other sources.

Many many articles on this man and this subject going back over the last few months but, so far as I can see, not one article on the the alleged "resource nationalism" topic - funny really because politicians making controversial comments usually end up getting many column inches and this guy is not likely to have gone rogue without being noticed. I guess the local media saw nothing where pj sees a major drama. Oh well, nothing new there.
    Last edited by niu: 09/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.