HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

This just confirms how difficult the market is for in the weight...

1. 627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    This just confirms how difficult the market is for in the weight loss space. No wonder that founder Rhian Allen has moved on to the 'Healthy Pets' - me finks.

I quote Wikipedia re Jenny Craig as it is so pertinent IMO:

"... In 2002, Jenny Craig, Inc., was acquired by MidOcean Partners, a New York and London-based private equity investment firm, and ACI Capital, a New York-based private investment firm.[5] On 19 June 2006, they announced the signing of a definitive agreement to sell the company to Nestlé in a transaction valued at approximately $600 million.[6] The company was operated as part of Nestlé Nutrition.[6] On 19 November 2013, Jenny Craig Inc. was purchased by North Castle Partners for an undisclosed amount.[7] In April 2019, H.I.G. Capital acquired the Jenny Craig weight management business from North Castle Partners.[8]In 2008, YouTube personality Shane Dawson and approximately six other Jenny Craig employees – including his mother and brother – were fired from their jobs for uploading a sketch to his YouTube channel.[9] In 2013, Dawson wrote a comedy pilot about his experiences there and sold the script to NBC.[10]In March 2018, the company reportedly pulled its advertisements from The Ingraham Angle as a result of host Laura Ingraham cyberbullying David Hogg.[11]In 2019, H.I.G. Capital, a global private equity firm, acquired Jenny Craig for an undisclosed amount.[12] In October 2019, Walgreens[clarification needed] announced that it would begin offering Jenny Craig weight loss services at approximately 100 locations beginning in January 2020.[13]On May 2, 2023, Jenny Craig announced to employees via email that the company will wind down operations, lay off all employees, and possibly switch to an e-commerce model. The company had been pursuing a sale for some time.[14] Two days later, on May 4, the company announced via its official Facebook page that it was going out of business.[15] On May 5, Jenny Craig filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.[16] On the 9th, its "unaffected" Australian operations were placed into voluntary administration...."

What's there to learn: Beware of companies that get handed around by Private Equity like a "hot potato". Think Longtable and Whiteoak.

I think it ironic that Walgreens just as recently as January 2020 announced it would take up JC services ... Makes me wonder, Woolies taking up HLF products...

... and, yes, smart are the ones with hindsight...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.