Jenny Morrison - a picture of grace

1. 9,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Well said Jenny Morrison. Someone who knows what grace is all about.

Taken from today's Herald Sun

SCOTT Morrison’s wife Jenny says she wishes Grace Tame had displayed more “manners and respect” during an Australia Day function at their home in Canberra.

Speaking about the tense meeting for the first time, Mrs Morrison said she felt “disappointed” following the encounter earlier this year.

Ms Tame, the 2021 Australian of the Year, looked unimpressed standing with the Prime Minister at an event at The Lodge for the 2022 nominees.

“I just found it a little bit disappointing, because we were welcoming her into our home,” Mrs Morrison said on Nine’s 60 Minutes.

“I respect people that want to change things, stand up for their beliefs, and are strong, but I still think there are manners and respect.” When asked by reporter Karl Stefanovic if she wanted daughters Lily and Abbey to look up to outspoken advocates such as Ms Tame, Mrs Morrison said: “I want my daughters to grow up to be fierce, strong, independent, amazing people … they can still do that and show kindness to other people and be polite.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.