PV1 9.09% 4.8¢ provaris energy ltd

Jens Jensen: Nobody Does It Better

1. 3,899 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1273
    GEV getting a bit of press in a trade publication.
    JJ is ( I hate to use the expression, but if the hat fits) an absolute rock star in the shipbuilding world.
    That MB convinced him to jump aboard the GEV ship (here I go with the puns again) was a real coup and further strengthened my already strong conviction in GEV.
    Responsible for heading up Frontline and the building of over 200 tankers, GEV's ship building aspirations couldn't be in better hands.
    Just look at that face and take in his smile - we'll all be bearing bigger grins on our mugs thanks to Jens.
    If I hadn't closed up shop, I'd probably call my next son "Jens".
    To hell with it, maybe I'll just rename my firstborn.
    I think even I'll be surprised with what GEV does price wise over the course of this year and beyond.
    TradeWinds
    JJ.jpg GEV shortlists three yards for CNG quartet

April 4th, 2019 14:00 GMT
    by Gary Dixon

Australia-listed Global Energy Ventures (GEV) is ready to award shipbuilding contracts for four new compressed natural gas (CNG) carriers.
    It said it had received "comprehensive technical specifications" from three shortlisted shipyards to construct the new CNG 200 Optimum design.
    The unnamed yards had until the end of March to come back with their plans.
    The new Global Energy Ventures design Photo: GEV
    GEV’s shipping team, led by non-executive director Jens Martin Jensen, will now complete an evaluation of each specification.
    Jensen, the former Frontline boss, said: “We are pleased with the three shipyards' submissions and that the target date for delivery was achieved on time.
    “Updated pricing and ship construction schedules will now be the focus in the June quarter.”
    Shipbroker Clarksons Platou will work with the company, together with SeaQuest Marine Project Management, on finalising specifications and yard selection.
    GEV remains on track to complete all pre-construction activities and award contracts to yards by the end of this quarter, it said.
    Multiple projects pursued
    Its stated aims are to pursue multiple CNG projects to improve the probability of success, secure access to strategic gas resources and bring in world-class staff.

GEV to order four new CNG carriers

Read more
    GEV chairman and CEO Maurice Brand said: “The technical specification provided from three credentialled shipyards combined with the full American Bureau of Shipping approval received in January 2019 is having a material positive impact on our CNG project development activities.”
    CNG is gas stored under pressure and, unlike LNG, does not require complex and expensive liquefaction facilities, GEV said.
    The Optimum design maximises the amount of CNG that can be stored within the hull of a ship, using a containment system built using close-packed, high strength pipes that run the entire length of the ship’s cargo hold.
    "The invention of a mechanism to clamp these gas storage pipes so tightly together that they become locked together as one allows this design to meet all classification requirements," it said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.004(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $28.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.7¢ $2.987K 62.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 54347 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 142499 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.7¢
  Change
0.004 ( 4.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.5¢ 64638
Last updated 12.49pm 30/04/2024 ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.