when people persistently comment about October 7 brutality by...

1. 17,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    when people persistently comment about October 7 brutality by then adding commentary that it doesn’t add up that the events even happened, of implying that the Israelis somehow enabled it something is very wrong with their thinking They are excusing Hamas behaviour and choices by making it Israel’s fault. somewhere they described Hamas as fighting with sticks and stones.

it is clear that, no matter what else they say, they have characterised, in their own head, Hamas as unsophisticated innocents who have been brutalised and manipulated by a more sophisticated Jewish government. Against that backdrop it is impossible for them to look at the actions of Hamas or the history of the area

it is also why they absorb Hamas led information but dismiss any report coming from Israel. Put simply they allow an underlying distaste for Israel to dismiss one party entirely and believe the other in full.

I am not a supporter of Israeli reaction - well not the way they have done it - though i understand it. But I will not stand by and allow blatant lies, misrepresentation, bigoted commentary and the whiff of antisemitism without challenging it. I will not stand by while they rewrite history, find ways to blame Israel and Jews and allow antisemitic posts on hotcopper and antisemitic acts in australia go unchallenged.

when the so called enlightened intellectuals team up with outfight bigots, hate filled posters and those who are unhinged you have all the ingredients for a world to descend into the dark.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.