jessica watson returns today, page-83

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Just to add further to Jess's adventure and thats really what it was. An adventure!!! Even though it was dangerous and could have ended in tears it was still an adventure by a young spirited 16 year old.

Just have a look at the "Guiness Book of Records" to get a handle on why some people do the crazy things they do. Its in them. Its the spirit of adventure. Its something that you can't take from a person if they have been born with it. Have a read of the latest tragedy where a "Spacejumper" lost his life. If he had one more chance of life would he have still spacejumped? Of course he would have.

The world is full of adrenalin rushes that don't involve drugs.

Look at people like Dick Smith, Sir Richard Branson, Sir Edmond Hilary, Donald Campbell not forgetting the explorers who travelled from one end of our country to the other. Burke and Wills are prime example of explorers who did not make it.

They knew the risk and were prepared to accept they may not return.

Mark Webber travelling at 300kmls an hour plus in a tiny speed machine is crazy. However, how many would give their eye tooth to drive a F1 racing car.
    I know i would because i like fast cars and the adrenalin rush. Yet, there are other things that i would be terrified to do.

It really comes down to a person being allowed to make a choice that does not place other people in danger.

Even though many would have said that Jessica Watson's circumnavigation was foolhardy, at 16 she must be allowed to make her own decisions. As well, she had the best possible team behind her.

Therefore, it could not have been that foolhardy afterall.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.